Saturday, February 6, 2010

Last post, Continued...

I didn't have enough time, or desire to jot everything down from the last few months all at once, but I have a few min so here is the update, part 2.

I got the droid for Xmas, yay. That's mostly it, a few nice things from my niece and nephew, and my sister pitched in for some nice suits a while back, but I must say.... best gift ever.(at least this time around) I am practically obsessed with this phone, to the extent of boasting as if I were the phone myself. It has lead me to the conclusion, however, that I need to seriously be working on my Contacts overhaul. I am through A and B, and have over 1000 contacts to go through left. It's going to take a while.

On a completely unrelated note, Before the winter break, I made a stuffed animal bear for the unborn daughter of a family I work for. They didn't seem to think that I made it, and still refer to it as "the bear TJ 'CLAIMS' he made." Their beautiful daughter was born right before my break. She was a little early, but had hair about 4 inches long already.

On a somewhat tangentially related note, I have begun working with yet another family to teach their kids various things. For lack of a better term, I refer to it as being a 'Universal Tutor.' For the first day, we even built a paper machee volcano, and learned about geometry, plate tektonics, volcanoes themselves, a bit of history(read:pompeii) and a bit about arts... it has been going well so far, but I will be leaving in a few weeks to go on Co-op so Monday will be my last day. ;(

This next note isn't even on the same sheet of paper. I have officially begun my application process for the Peace Corp. It takes at least a year to complete, and even then it is not a guaranteed. I think I will really enjoy doing that, however. Even if its not right now. My goal is to head over the great big ocean to Thailand (that is the Pacific for those of you needing a refresher on your geography) although I really am not that picky, other then not wanting to go to Africa because of the dry weather. I really don't want to go someplace that is frigid over half the year either. As I was looking up on youtube the MTV Cribs equivalent of PC volunteers' homes, I really started to see in perspective. I am quite ashamed now of what I see in my own room. I have so much crap, that it overflows into other rooms in the house. I am slowly working on trimming that back, so I don't feel so over consuming.

There are quite a few things going on with my future now so I had to do some serious planning.

So basically the breakdown is this:
If I have a full time job established before I graduate, I will go and do that.
If I get a job in california, I am going to try and get my masters at stanford.
If I get a job elsewhere, I am going to try and get my teaching degree also.
If I do not get a good, solid job, then I will work hard to try and get into the peace corp, and do that for 24-27 months.

I should mention, that this is just a tentative outline, and may in no way resemble what I end up doing. Just saying.

So that pretty much catches all of you up to date. I know I've said this before, but I will try to write more often. Maybe, just maybe, I will even get some followers?

No comments: