Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Travel Again, maybe?

As I have been waiting for a while to hear about the various positions that I have applied for, I came up with the solution for my lack of something to do over the next month.

Ever since my first visit to Europe about 9 years ago, I have been fascinated with the continient. Even to the extent that on many an occasion, I don't really feel American. I don't care about many of the things Americans do, I prefer the atmosphere of the outdoor shops and pubs, rather then the flourescent rigid structures you see in the majority of the United States.

Now, with a little time to spare, and a shockingly low travel cost (750 dollars round trip to Europe rather then 450 dollars round trip to Minnesota. I just might be ready to go back. You may be wondering if this is wise, considering it is in the "off" season. But in fact, that is exactly why I am going. I want to visit the people, as much as the places. In the off season, I will have the chance to get the real perspective of what europe is like, without having to battle the crowds.

Now cost may seem like an issue, but it really is not. I will be couchsurfing the entire time. My rail pass is going to be unlimited travel for 1 month, so even if i decide to change itineraries, it wont affect my cost, and because it is the off season, it will be incredibly cheaper.

I plan to keep a weblog of the entire journey, so you should see way more posts across the next month. Until then, happy reading.


Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments: