Sunday, August 22, 2010

A Fond Farewell to Seattle Summer - Skatepark

Woodland Skate-park is one of the many amazing skate-parks in the Seattle area. But it was a whole lot more than that to me. I met some of the coolest people, smartest kids, and learned so much myself. I spent a large amount of time there, whether I was rollerblading, slack-lining, running rails, or just hanging out. I cleared over 5 feet of cones on rollerblades, taught over 80 people how to slackline, but most importantly, it became a large part of my experience while I was here and I am glad that it happened. The best part about it was the people that I encountered. I met new friends for life (Brennan) there, ones to teach me a thing or two about life, and others for me to teach. I became part of a small community of people that are out to have fun, enjoy life, and stay out of trouble. One group especially stood out. Although only 12-14, these kids understood many of the simple mistakes that even adults make. They don't smoke, don't drink, and don't do any drugs, unlike many kids their age are trending towards. It was really about enjoying a common interest (skating) and having fun through the summer.

Joe, Tim, Paul, Amara, Garrett, Liam, Silver, Tino, Taylor, Andrew, Tyler, and all the others, you are all good kids, try and stay out of trouble!

No comments: